Hi Everyone Masked Marion here so I had a gentleman at the door the other day and he brought me a gift it was one dozen oysters in the shell I asked him how he knew that I loved oysters he replied I didn’t but I thought it might lift your libido so you might change your mind and jump the counter so I could see you. Well I laughed and said thanks for the oysters, but I was not interested in jumping the counter although it was very flattering.
It got me thinking so as usual I decided to do some research into the foods that we have that are indeed natural aphrodisiacs. So the most common thoughts on aphrodisiacs are the usual subjects chocolate, oysters, honey, hot chillies, epimedium or horney goats weed as it is commonly known.
Surprisingly there is not a lot of scientific evidence to back this up but there is scientific evidence to support the following foods So here is Masked Marion’s selection of natural aphrodisiacs to help you on your way.
· Maca; Maca is a sweet root vegetable with several health benefits including increasing libido and erectile function.
· Tribulus; Tribulus terrestris, also known as bindii, is an annual plant that grows in dry climates. Increased sexual function in women and increased sexual satisfaction.
· Ginkgo Biloba; Ginkgo biloba is an herbal supplement derived from one of the oldest species of trees — the Ginkgo biloba tree. It's commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine as a treatment for many ailments, including depression and poor sexual function.
· Red Ginseng; red ginseng specifically is commonly used to treat a variety of ailments in men and women, including low libido and sexual function.
· Pistachio Nuts; Pistachios may have a variety of health benefits, including helping lower blood pressure, control weight and reduce the risk of heart disease people have been using them in Europe since 6,000BC
· Saffron; This wonderful spice is often used as an alternative remedy to help treat depression, reduce stress and enhance mood but my personal attribute is that saffron is known for its potential aphrodisiac properties, especially in individuals taking antidepressants
But remember scientific research is rather limited but who knows I for one am a believer but which one is the best well hands down according to research Red Ginseng is the winner in my view Ginseng tea anyone but on a personal note I am a fan of pineapple and watermelons for my libido lift.
Pineapple are high in vitamin C and Thiamin magnesium and promote happy hormones. Watermelon is great in my opinion and "The phytonutrients in watermelon create a 'Viagra effect' for men, increasing performance and pleasure during sex." - Caitlin Hoff, health & safety investigator at ConsumerSafety.org
Well goodnight for now hope you enjoyed Masked Marion out See you all next time
Alina Petre, MS, RD (CA) on June 28, 2017 Aphrodisiac Foods That Boost Your Libido